In the latest episode of the Financial Marketer podcast The Dubs founder Josh Frith speaks with Jon Lombardo, global lead at LinkedIn’s B2B Institute, delving into the new normal for financial marketers and the trends that are set to accelerate. With the COVID-19 pandemic driving 10 years of digital disruption in a mere two months Lombardo and Frith unpack what this means for financial marketers and weigh in on just how sizeable a change the financial services industry can expect.
Characteristically behind in digital marketing, the pair looks at how financial services compares to other industries and hones in on the opportunity in long-term brand building in a world that has become increasingly short-term and lacking in creativity.
The Financial Marketer and Lombardo explore:
- How COVID-19 is accelerating digital
- The new normal for marketers
- What smart marketers are embracing
- Why insurance brands lead innovation
- The value of long-term brand building
- 80% of company value is created a decade from now
- Growing brand share of voice
- LinkedIn’s blockbuster content model
- The relevance of thought leadership
- Is content an asset or expense?